Saturday, April 05, 2008

God Wants Something New

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins." Mark 2:22

I can remember when God was just starting my calling to be a chaplain. I couldn’t believe that He actually wanted me to get out of the Army with 12.5 years invested in a career. I was good at it and smokin’ through the ranks. And, I was only 7 years left to retirement! I had no idea how we would pay for school and put food on the table. What about our boys, one was two years old and the other two months. What was I thinking? This was a tremendous risk. But, God was at work. He was doing something new and I needed approach things in a completely new way. I had to renew my faith in Christ. When I finally committed to His call, He provided a place to live (rent free), friends supported us as we went to school, and I started receiving scholarships and grants. The rest is history, I became a chaplain. It may not be as radical as my calling, but God wants to do a new work in all of us. Are you ready and willing? Are you a new wineskin? SP235