Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ministry is a Gift from God

And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified, behold, He is baptizing and all are coming to Him." John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven.
(John 3:26-27)

Understanding that men to disciple are a gift from God is a key principle that bleeds into our ministry at several different levels. It helps us stay dependent on the Holy Spirit to perform the supernatural part of ministry. It helps us to maintain a proper perspective with Jesus and remain humble. Understanding that the ministry comes from God forces me to pray more. It also puts my ministry techniques in the correct perspective, it’s more about the “who” rather than the “how”. It helps me to quit playing the comparison game by thinking somehow I’m better or worse than the other laborers around me based on the number of men I am discipling. The sooner we figure out that our ministry is a gift from God the more spiritual that ministry will be. So where’s your man and are you praying that God will give you one? FJ28

For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com