Sunday, January 11, 2009

Testimony 11: A New Creature

“If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things pass away, behold new things have come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Chapter 11

I was a new creature and I knew it the moment I got up off the floor. About the same time my buddies came through the door and I made my proclamation of faith. “Guys, I want to be your friend but I just can’t keep living my life like this anymore.” I walked out into the morning light and jumped into my car to head back to Ft. Lewis. As I hit the ignition switch to start my car, the radio came on full blast (the normal volume I was accustomed to) and a song about adultery was playing. I remember being so angry I almost ripped the knob out of the radio to turn it off. I would not turn back. I was determined to live my life for Christ and since then, I have never looked back. Oh, sure I have stumbled along the way. But I have never gone back to the old Chuck Wood. I had been changed by the Holy Spirit of God and continued to be renewed everyday. But it doesn’t stop there…

Testimony 1: In the Beginning
Testimony 2: Jesus is Watching You
Testimony 3: Paratrooper Religion
Testimony 4: Afraid of being Left Behind
Testimony 5: The Geographical Solution
Testimony 6: The Geographical Solution Fails
Testimony 7: The Seed is Planted
Testimony 8: Spiritual Melee
Testimony 9: Seeing the Light
Testimony 10: Receiving God's Plan for My Life
Testimony 11: A New Creature
Testimony 12: What about You?
Testimony 13: A Little Miracle
Testimony 14: An Apostle to the Soldier
Testimony 15: First Steps toward Growth
Testimony 16: Being Discipled


For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved