Friday, March 20, 2009

A Book Review #2


The Training of the Twelve by A.B. Bruce

 

One of the most celebrated books on Jesus’ disciplemaking methods.  Make no mistake, this classic is not for the faint of heart.  Written in 1897 by a revered theologian it is a “full on” brain buster.  Having read most of the books on discipleship, I knew I couldn’t leave the planet without reading this one.  But I have to be honest; I only finished it by the sweat of my brow.  Lots of diggin’ for those golden nuggets, but they’re in there.  I recommend it to those who are serious readers and have already read Master Plan of Evangelism, by Robert Coleman, Personal Disciplemaking by Christopher Adsit, and Lost Art of Disciple Making by LeRoy Eims.

 

 

 

Posted via email from Following Jesus Podcasts