Friday, March 13, 2009

Update - Thanks for Praying


Praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned;
(Colossians 4:3)

First I want to thank so many of you who have been praying and fasting for Deb and me as we are on convalescent leave due to my Multiple Sclerosis. I want you to know that God has been working powerfully in my life since we started this time. He has spoken clearly through my daily quiet times. I have experienced these times of hanging out by the fountain of life before and it is good to be back once again.


The Word has been like electricity. Promises for the future and His love for me are jumping off the pages. I am so excited (even with MS limitations). Just as the disciples only had 5 loaves and 2 fishes, I recognize my limitations. On the other hand Jesus has endless resources. MS is a physical limitation that God has no problem glorifying Himself through. Having said that, He has made it quite clear I’m being sifted by the enemy. This is more spiritual than physical. I have begun to pray along the lines of spiritual warfare versus a simple medical condition. And as many of you have expressed, God has impressed on me that this is temporary. I will experience His healing hand.


Although this time has been good, there have been some tough things to grapple with. I believe the Father is pruning me for greater fruitfulness. I’ve had to examine the darker side of my life. Some of what I’m experiencing is the loving discipline of the Father. Ingratitude, pride, restlessness, and the tongue are areas He has brought to mind. I gladly receive the rebuke and am repenting.


As far as my health is concerned, I have been feeling much better over the past 15 days. Fewer tremors and only one day where I hit the bottom of the fatigue scale (previously it was 2 days out of the week). My energy levels have been up and my general attitude is positive. This is certainly a direct result of your concerted prayers. Thank you!
We will continue on Convalescent Leave until the end of March and then travel to Colorado Springs for some meetings with Navigator Leadership. We should be home at Fort Benning around the 13-15th of April.


Please continue to pray:
· God will continue to clarify Deb and my future role in ministry
· This rest will have lasting effects in my life
· God would glorify Himself in my MS and deliver me from the Evil One
· The gang at Ft Benning would continue to thrive in Kingdom work
· Jesus would richly bless all those praying for me
· I would continue to have the opportunity to participate in ministry that reaches the Nations

I am a very blessed man to have friends like you!


Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved