Monday, April 27, 2009

Advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ

I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4)

“This is Rob. He just came to Christ two weeks ago.” Charlie, whom I just baptized in chapel service an hour before, introduced him with a big smile. “Really Rob, that’s great! So what has Jesus been doing in your life since then?” I asked. “Oh, I’m going to start reading my Bible to learn more about Him. They told me to start reading the Gospel of Mark.” Charlie and Rob sat down for lunch and I watched them discuss the Wheel Illustration from a couple of tables away. Now that’s pretty cool, but what’s even more exciting is the fact I had been gone from the ministry for 60 days. And Rob’s coming to Christ was a result of 3 generations of men who were in a chain of disciples teaching one another about Jesus. I had become a spiritual great grandpa again. I wholeheartedly agree with the Apostle John, “There is no greater joy!"

Our Calling: To advance the gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved