Thursday, April 09, 2009

No Middle Man


“… I, the LORD, will answer them Myself, As the God of Israel I will not forsake them.
(Isaiah 41:17)

“You know, never mind. I’ll go talk to them myself.” It's a phrase I’ve used many times as a leader who needs to make the point, good or bad. There are occasions where a messenger just won’t do and communications straight from the leader is the need of the hour.

God felt compelled to tell the children of Israel that He was going to speak directly to them. Prophets, priests, and kings were just not a perfect medium to present His thoughts and words. They just could not express His heart adequately. So how did God speak to us directly? He came in the flesh. He lived and died in our midst. Jesus spoke directly to mankind. It doesn’t get any clearer than Jesus, the Word of God (Jn 1.1-2, 14). Do you want to hear straight from God? Study Jesus by saturating your life with the gospels.


Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved