Friday, April 10, 2009

With Liberty and Justice for All

… I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations. (Isaiah 42:1)

When I was a young boy I found myself in the principal’s office on several occasions. I never wanted truth. I just wanted grace. But my shenanigans were usually rewarded with both. The principal was able to administer justice.

God’s goal is to bring justice to the entire world. His Son came as an ambassador full of grace and truth (Jn 1.14, 17). These are the two main ingredients for justice. He imparted His grace and truth to His disciples and justice spread to the nations one person at a time. Now we have become His vehicle of justice. This frees people from the tyranny of sin and liberates them from the spiritual chains of Satan and His world view. Are you bringing justice to others through the person of Jesus Christ? (2 Cor 5.20)

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved