Saturday, April 11, 2009

Covered in Blood

And all the people said, "His blood shall be on us and on our children!" (Matthew 27:25)

I had his blood all over me. A young Kuwaiti shepherd boy had picked up a dud grenade and mangled his hand. The medics and I were working feverously to stop the bleeding. In retrospect, I should have been more concerned about the effects of being exposed to another’s blood but we were trying to save him.

The blood of another man is upon me. Ironically, I wasn’t trying to save Him; He was trying to save me. He didn’t want to be rescued or cured of His bleeding. His blood would satisfy the wrath that was meant for me. The Lord Jesus Christ bled and died for mankind. He covers us with His blood in order to protect us from ourselves and the just punishment of God for our sins. And now I praise Him and pray, "His blood shall be on us and on our children!" (Mt 26.28, Rom 5.9, Eph 1.7, Heb 9-10)

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved