Monday, November 01, 2010

Grace to the Ungracious

Matthew 5.21-48

“…so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Matthew 5.45)

Grace to the Ungracious

She rattled off the instructions and dosage like a machinegun with what appeared to be “I ain’t got time for you” kind of attitude. The doctor had just told me this was a dangerous drug and to follow instructions very carefully. Immediately I had two emotions jump front and center of my mind: fear and anger. The Holy Spirit was gently coaching me, “Be like Jesus”. My response didn't match my emotions. Smiling I said, “I’m sorry ma’am, I just want to make sure I don’t mess this up, did you say…” By the end of our interchange, she was smiling and I was comfortable with the instructions. I wish I could say I’m gracious like God in all circumstances. But I’m working on it.

Are you working on giving unmerited favor to others - even when they don’t deserve it?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz