Friday, June 08, 2007

Set Free



Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2)

After returning from a deployment to Kuwait for Intrinsic Action and Operation Desert Fox, I jumped into my car for the first time. As I drove down the street, my Explorer seemed like a new fit and much more comfortable than my Hummer back in the desert. I also realized I could drive anywhere I wanted. I was free. What a feeling of relief! We can experience a similar freedom in our lives through our relationship in Christ. Jesus has freed us from the power of sin and death. We receive incredible liberty through the knowledge of God’s love and His benevolent acts of grace toward us. We breath a sigh of relief, knowing that our freedom leads to eternal life and greater commitment to Him. We are free in Christ!!!