Saturday, June 09, 2007

You are Different

The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

(1 John 2:6)

 

I had the opportunity to walk through the halls of the High School I had dropped out of six months prior. I strutted past familiar classrooms in my dress greens and peered through the glass looking for friends. I came to my US History class and the teacher glanced my way. It was the same teacher who told me I would never amount to anything. It was apparent that he either didn't recognize me or didn't want to recognize me. One thing for sure, I was different. I was not the same guy he had scolded a half a year earlier. The same should be said for us as Christians as we walk the halls of this world. A good question to ask ourselves; Am I the same person I was six months ago, a year ago?  Am I becoming more like Christ?

 

Pass it on to a friend in need of change.