Saturday, June 30, 2007

Attitude Adjustment

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)

Reality was beginning to sink in when they issued me my Desert Camouflage Uniforms. I was headed to Kuwait and I knew the four-month deployment would be miserable. My brother Mike had just returned from a rotation in the desert and I got a full debriefing. I was forewarned. So instead of viewing it as some torturous expedition, I made up my mind to have a positive attitude. I memorized Philippians 4:8 and repeated it often during the sand storms, heat, bugs, long hours of counseling, monotonous meals, etc. I must say, it was one of the best times of my life. What you think develops an attitude and attitude can change everything.