Saturday, June 02, 2007

When We are Weak

But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

We were training with Navy SEALs at Coronado, California and the obstacle course was getting a work out. Seems a little competition was going on between commanders. We had four consecutive runs at the sandy torture chamber and it appeared no one was winning. By the fourth round of affliction, my comrades and I had hit muscle failure and were doing more bumbling and stumbling than running and climbing. We had become weak, a tough thing for a young Ranger to admit. Certainly, we all have felt weak at one time or another. We run the obstacle course of life and sometimes we just get plain smoked. There are times we feel so weak, we wonder if we can make it another day. This is when we really get to see the strength of Christ in us. Call on Him and He will give you the strength you need to press on. (Phil 4:13)