Saturday, July 28, 2007

I Need a Volunteer

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’ (Isaiah 6:8)

You get the word pretty early in your military career, ‘Don’t volunteer for anything.’ And it’s funny to watch how instructors drum up volunteers. They teach the students, ‘When I ask for volunteers, you all raise your hands and begin shouting ‘pick me, pick me!’ It’s quite the sight. Then there is the guy who volunteers and ends up driving the General around in a nice car all day and eating ice cream at the O’ Club. Now that’s something everyone wished they had volunteered for. God is looking for volunteers as well. He’s looking for men and women who would be willing to work in His kingdom. The assignments range for right where you are now to some far away country. The ‘where’ is not as important, but the ‘who’ is top priority. God is looking for a few good men and women to work in His kingdom.