Monday, July 30, 2007

The Old Dog

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins.’ (Mark 2:22)

I walked out to the PT formation and the music was blaring. I knew something was up but couldn’t put my finger on it. Then it was announced that we would be doing aerobics that morning. I’m sorry, but I was raised on the daily dozen, four mile run and cold showers. I couldn’t even pretend to enjoy dancing. You know the old saying: You can’t teach an old dog new tricks?’ When it comes to PT I’m an Old Dog (Old Wine Skin). But, I can’t afford to grow hard and unteachable in my spiritual life. If I want God to use my life, I need to stay fresh and pliable. OK, I’ll work on my Aerobics if we all promise to keep those spiritual muscles pumping.