Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sniveling

Now the people complained about their hardships in the hearing of the LORD, and when he heard them his anger was aroused. Then fire from the LORD burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp. (Numbers 11:1)

Complaining is one of the soldier's favorite pass times. I know, I have done my fare share and still do. But, the scriptures remind us that whining and sniveling really ticks God off. Now why is that? Well, one of the big reasons is because complaining communicates a lack of trust in God. It's a indication of wavering faith. I mean, do we believe that God has our best interest at heart or not? There's a deeper question with deeper ramifications. We should be asking; ‘Ok God, this situation stinks but what are You trying to teach me through this?’ Case in point: My wife and I were discussing this over dinner one night and we both agreed that her cancer has drawn us both closer to God, not the opposite. Go Figure?

If you would be interested in financilly supporting the ministry at Fort Benning, please email me at charleswood1@gmail.com