Friday, July 27, 2007

Stand your Ground

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.’ (Daniel 3:17-18)

He came into the office and he was steaming. Seems the report I had typed wasn’t what the commander wanted. I was the training NCO and I had typed up the Unit Readiness Report to match the truth. He wanted to know why the anti-tank gunners weren’t qualified. I replied, ‘because the didn’t shoot well, sir?’ But that wasn’t the question he was asking. He was asking why they weren’t qualified on paper? I then understood what he was asking and respectfully told him I could not change the USR. Even though he looked mad, I could tell he respected the decision. I was right and stood my ground.