Sunday, July 01, 2007

Mail Call

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. (Psalm 1:2)

There’s nothing like a letter from someone who loves you to boost the ol’ soldier’s moral. It didn’t matter whether I was in Kuwait or Korea my wife would send me the greatest letters. I’d carry Deb’s letters around in my green notebook and when I got a chance, I’d whip it out and read again. You know, I never got tired of reading those letters. I still read some of them today. It’s always good to get a letter from some who loves you. God has written us a letter as well. The Bible is God’s letter of encouragement and exhortation to His spiritual warriors. It gives instructions on how we ought to live. But the part I like most is where He tells us how much He loves us and His desires to bless our lives. Hey Soldier, you got a letter from your Father.