Monday, July 09, 2007

In the Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

I stood on faded yellow painted lines. The barracks were long gone. But after 25 years I was standing in the exact spot where it all started. I was standing in the street where we jumped off the buses and Drill Sergeants skillfully molded me into a soldier. Although there was little evidence, the memories came flooding back. It was the beginning of my military career. But what if someone came to me and challenged the fact that BCT never happened in that place. What if they said I was just making it up. Could I convince them beyond the shadow of a doubt that 25 years ago I was doing push ups right there in the now abandoned street? The answer is no. The only thing I could do is to point out the evidence and hope they would believe me based on the credibility of my character. They would have to take it by faith because they weren't there to see it all happen. And so it is with God being the source of all creation. We can't prove it but we can point out the evidence of intelligent design. And we believe God is the author of creation based on the character of the scriptures.