Sunday, November 28, 2010

DON’T FAIL THIS TEST

Read Matthew 13.24-30, 36-43

"But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also.” (Matthew 13.26)

DON’T FAIL THIS TEST

I knew the information for the exam like the back of my hand and I was filling in the little circles as fast as I could on the bubble test. Only one problem: I had skipped one question in the beginning. Now all my answers were just one question off. What a shock when I got my exam back with a big fat “F” and I realized what I had done. Failing an exam in school is one thing but being mistaken on your eternal security is another. There is only one question on the eternal test: “Will you follow Jesus?” How do you know you’ve answered the question right? The same way you can tell the difference between wheat and tares: you'll see the fruit (2 Corinthians 13.5, John 15.8).

What does the fruit look like and how is it produced? (John 15.1-8) Is Jesus the only way to produce such fruit? (John 14.6, 2 Corinthians 5.21)

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz