Wednesday, November 17, 2010

IF YOU FORCE IT, YOU BREAK IT

Read Matthew 11.20-27

Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent. (Matthew 11.20)

If you force it, you break it

I ran my own chop shop for bicycles when I was a kid (another confession). That’s where I learned all my mechanical skills. Taking apart bikes and mixing and matching the parts to form “new” bikes. And one of the no no’s in mechanics is forcing things to fit. You’ll strip threads, snap off bolts, and ruin parts. Jesus didn’t force anyone to believe and repent. They saw His miracles, heard His messages but in the end many still didn’t believe. But for some, the message just fit. They received His message like a greased bracket spindle. So as you are sharing the gospel, don’t try to force it. You may have to work a bit but if you start using a hammer, it’s probably not going to fit. By the way, when I started following Jesus, I quit stealing bikes.

Where can you find people eager to hear the gospel?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz