Saturday, November 13, 2010

ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND MODEL

Read Matthew 9.35-10.1

“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.” (Matthew 9.37)

ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND MODEL

I was staring at the pile of 1,200 bricks it would take to pave my patio. I knew the job was too big for one person, but started anyway. After a while I asked my sons for help. I showed them how to lay the bricks in place and they got to work. While we were making progress, some guys in our ministry dropped by the house. I enlisted their help and showed them how to lay the bricks. At first the task looked overwhelming, but between the five of us, the patio was finished in a couple of days instead of a couple of weeks. This is how Jesus multiplied His ministry. He asked the Father for a few men to help Him and modeled how to help people. Once He showed them how to minister to others, He put them to work.

How many workers do we need to reach the world for Jesus? Are you praying and working? Are you modeling?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz