Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TRUSTWORTHY MESSENGER

Read Matthew 11.7-19

“Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist!” (Matthew 11.11)

TRUSTWORTHY MESSENGER

They told me I had just won a million dollars, but the only emotion I was feeling was anger! Why? Because the message came in the subject line of an e-mail and I hate spam. If a guy with balloons, flowers, and an oversized check showed up at my front door, then I would get a little excited. Believing the message really depends on who is delivering the message and how it’s delivered, isn’t it? Jesus affirms John the Baptist in both his message and as a messenger. Jesus said, up to that point, there was no one greater! John was a reliable source of information from God. We have been sent into the world with the same message. (John 17.18) Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. Follow the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world! (Matthew 3.1-2, John 1.29,35-37)

Are you a trustworthy messenger in word and deed?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz