Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Sky Miles

Read Matthew 6.24-34

“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6.34)

Sky Miles

Her eyes were closed and her knuckles were white as she gripped the armrests. We had experienced a little turbulence during landing and she was terrified. I, on the other hand, was calm and thinking about lunch. Why? Because I have enough sky miles to kill a cow and I’ve also experienced turbulence that was enough to give you whiplash. And even if something did go wrong, was I going to go up to the cockpit and help the pilot out? Don’t think so! Over the thousands of miles I’ve flown, I’ve learned that the pilots are well trained and have things under control. That’s exactly how we learn to trust our Heavenly Father. The more we journey with Him, get to know and trust Him, the less we worry.

How are you logging sky miles with God? How have you learned to trust Him in the last 6 months?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz