Sunday, November 14, 2010

NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PRACTICE

Read Matthew 10.2-42

“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master” (Matthew 10.24-25)

NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PRACTICE

“Here’s the diapers and the wipes. I usually take them to Mc Donald's at 3 o’clock, then to bed by 8…” Deb was rattling off instructions like a proficient battlefield commander. She was the supermom who was about to entrust her cubs to the rookie. Fortunately, I’d watched her do those things a million times. I got this! Or so I thought. After the two-day “Mom’s get away” the boys were still alive. But the house was a wreck and Mr. Mom was nearly incapacitated. The next time I sent her away for a Mom Vacation, I was better prepared and things went a little smoother. I had received instructions and seen it modeled, but there's no substitute for practice. Jesus has sent us on a mission and given us our marching orders. He has shown us how it’s done. Now it’s time to get after it. We learn ministry by doing ministry.

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz