Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Testimony 14: An Apostle to the Soldier

Chapter 14


For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (Romans 11:29)

During a road march on a Ranger training exercise, I felt a strong impression that I should stay in the Army beyond my 3 year enlistment. I thought I must be losing my mind. There were only 47 days left until I would be a free man. I wanted to go to college and make something of my life. I had no desire to continue my short career in the Army. But by the time I finished the road march, I was convinced that God was calling me to stay in the Army to tell my fellow soldiers about Him. I never heard an audible voice but the impression was a strong, clear calling from the Lord. I set aside all my personal desire and plans and submitted myself under His Lordship. I re-enlisted and headed for the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. I have been ministering to soldiers in the Army and the National Guard ever since that day I heard His call. As Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles, I am an apostle to the soldier (Gal 2.8).



Testimony 1: In the Beginning
Testimony 2: Jesus is Watching You
Testimony 3: Paratrooper Religion
Testimony 4: Afraid of being Left Behind
Testimony 5: The Geographical Solution
Testimony 6: The Geographical Solution Fails
Testimony 7: The Seed is Planted
Testimony 8: Spiritual Melee
Testimony 9: Seeing the Light
Testimony 10: Receiving God's Plan for My Life
Testimony 11: A New Creature
Testimony 12: What about You?
Testimony 13: A Little Miracle
Testimony 14: An Apostle to the Soldier
Testimony 15: First Steps toward Growth
Testimony 16: Being Discipled


Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved