Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day 11 - FOLLOW ME

‘Come, follow me,’ Jesus said, ‘and I will make you fishers of men.’ (Matthew 4:19)

Being assigned to the Ranger Training Brigade under the headquarters of Ft. Benning, Home of the Infantry, I wore the 'Follow Me' patch. It's a blue shield with a bayonet and the words 'Follow Me.' Most people didn't like the patch because it meant you were assigned to a training unit with a lot less unit heraldry than a combat unit. But I liked it because it had another meaning for me. As a Christian, it reminded me of my mission. Jesus said “follow me” and the bayonet reminds me of the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God, Ephesians 6:17). It's good to have a reminder of our Christian mission always visible on your shoulder, to follow Him and be an expert in the use of the Word.

Application: Name five ways other people around you would know that you are a follower of Jesus Christ.

Day 11 - FOLLOW ME
Day 12 - Son Beams
Day 13 - Holy Airborne
Day 14 - Good Intel
Day 15 - A Little Book Learnin’
Day 16 - Pay Day
Day 17 - Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto
Day 18 - Telling It Like It Is
Day 19 - Takin' Out the Trash
Day 20 - The Master of His Trade