Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Surprise, Surprise!

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12-13)

As the Chaplain of an AIT Battalion I had a soldier come into my office and explain how he didn't realize how he’d actually have to go to war. He said he had joined for the college money and never dreamed that being a real soldier was in his future. I was amazed! I kind of rubbed the US Army tag above my left breast pocket and reminded him that it didn’t say Wal-Mart. But sometimes I think God is amazed as well. When we are confronted with the fiery ordeals of life as Christians and we ask, ‘Why? How did this happen?’ We are in a spiritual war! Check out your tag above your left breast pocket. It says Christian. Keep fighting the good fight!

Application: Answer this question; what ground have I taken for the Kingdom this week?