Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Want to Be...

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

I’ve heard the jodies of troops running down the streets of every Army post throughout my whole career; “I want to be an Airborne Ranger, I want to live a life of danger…” Well there is a big difference between singing about something and living it. For the follower of Jesus it’s not good enough to want to be a lover of God and people. Loving God and others has to be the real deal.
There are three kinds of Bees; Real Bees, Wanta Bees, and Useta Bees. Authentic Christian living is hallmarked by a real love for Jesus and one another. Without love, it's just a lot of buzz.