Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day 20 - The Master of His Trade

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13-14)

I sat on the hood of my Humvee and watched the M1 Tanks refuel. As each one passed by, I'd give them a friendly chaplain's wave. One Tank Commander, covered with dust, peering through shaded goggles, gave me a confident thumbs up with a half cocked smile. I marveled as I thought about the master of his craft riding high on his iron beast. I marveled still more as I began to think about the Master who made him and gave him the gifts that translated into a proficient warrior. It's amazing to think that God has created each one of us with special gifts, talents and abilities so that we may glorify Him in our specific purpose. Live your purpose to the fullest!

Application: List five ways you are using your gifts, talents, and abilities for the Kingdom of God.

1. My military career - Writing SWORDPOINT
2. Speaking - Teaching SS on Sunday
3. Mentoring - Met with 3 men today
4. Leadership - Talked ministry stratagy with co-laborer
5. Friendliness - Invited several people to Sunday's chapel service today