Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 14 - Good Intel

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5:11-13)

As a Reconnaissance Platoon Sergeant I spent a lot of time on the radio with the Battalion S2 (Intelligence Officer) and the Battalion Commander, nicknamed ‘Smoken Joe’. The things they didn't want to hear when we called in our SALUTE Reports was, ‘I think...’ or ‘I guess...’ No, they wanted the cold hard facts and RECON was committed to getting them. You know we don't have to wonder whether or not we are going to Heaven. We don't have to say, ‘I think I'm going’ or ‘I guess I'm going.’ You can KNOW for sure. He who has the Son has life. Now that's good Intel.

Day 11 - FOLLOW ME
Day 12 - Son Beams
Day 13 - Holy Airborne
Day 14 - Good Intel
Day 15 - A Little Book Learnin’
Day 16 - Pay Day
Day 17 - Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto
Day 18 - Telling It Like It Is
Day 19 - Takin' Out the Trash
Day 20 - The Master of His Trade