Monday, January 08, 2007

Spiritual R&R

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Military folks work some long hours. There is no such thing as overtime and during deployments you can work 16-hour days (and more). Some of us have gone months without a single day off and have been dog-tired. But life can run you into the ground too. Relationships, disappointments, illness, defeat, and trials can beat us down and we get flat out whupped. Jesus says ‘Come to me...and I will give you rest.’ Take it to Him, spend some time in prayer and the Scripture and get a little R&R.

Application: Take a knee, drink spiritual water, for seven minutes in the morning and at night.