Sunday, January 21, 2007

Day 18 - Telling It Like It Is

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:7-8)

My squad leader in the Ranger Battalion didn’t pull any punches, he just came right out and told me I was messed up. Then he proceeded to tell me how I was going to fix it. Throughout my career I've had several men whom I’ve respected for telling it like it is. They were men who could gave it to you straight. No beating around the bush, just laying all the cards on the table. James is like that. He goes right at the center of the issue. I think we all need straight shooters in our lives. We need someone to call a spade a spade, even in the areas of our spiritual life.

Application: Do you have someone in your life who will tell you what you need to hear rather than what you want to heat. If not, start praying that God will send you that kind of friend.

Day 11 - FOLLOW ME
Day 12 - Son Beams
Day 13 - Holy Airborne
Day 14 - Good Intel
Day 15 - A Little Book Learnin’
Day 16 - Pay Day
Day 17 - Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto
Day 18 - Telling It Like It Is
Day 19 - Takin' Out the Trash
Day 20 - The Master of His Trade