Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Secret

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)

I've figured out the secret to being happy as a soldier. (And we know being happy as a soldier can be a challenge at times.) The secret to being happy is being content and the secret to being content is realizing my strength to overcome any obstacle comes from following Jesus. God knows exactly what is going on in our lives. And He is able to get us through every circumstance. Whether its 130 degrees in Kuwait or a Manchurian cold front in Korea, I have the strength to be victorious.

Application: Think of the circumstances that you have faced in the past and how you got through them in the strength of Christ.