Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dreams

May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4

I was walking down the street and some soldiers caught my eye. They were Ranger students and in their midst was a Ranger Instructor looking like he just stepped out of a recruiting poster. I stopped and watch the instructor for a few minutes from a distance and thought, “Wouldn’t it be cool to be a Ranger Instructor.” Nine months later I was an RI in the mountain phase of Ranger School. Wow, I never put in a request with the assignment folks, I didn’t even really pray about it, I just thought it would be “cool.” What are your dreams, the desires of your heart? Do you realize God knows them before you even pray about them? Today, as you live your life for Christ, I pray that He will give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed. SP217