Saturday, March 08, 2008

Get it in Writing

"You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed." Joshua 23:14

Everyone has their recruiting story. I first visited the Marine recruiter and announced I wanted to be Force Recon. The tactless warrior stood and said, “Boy, if you want promises, go see the Army recruiter next door.” So...I did. I came through the door and proclaimed, “I want to be an Airborne Ranger.” A smile lit across the face of the Army recruiter and he shot back, “We can do that! I’m going to put you in the 82nd Airborne Division.” [buzzer-EEEH, Not what I asked for, but, I’m a doofus] “Is that a Ranger unit?” I asked. “Son, there are lots of Rangers there.”[buzzer-EEEH, Half truth] I was descending down the slippery slope and I was about to learn lesson number one, Get it in Writing. The promises of man can be misleading and we’ve all been stung a time or two. But, when God promises something, He delivers. We’ve got that in writing. SP214