Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pass that Canteen

Jesus said, “And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." Matthew 10:42

It was another blistering day in the desert. As my driver and I passed a platoon from the 82nd Airborne Division, I decided to stop and see if I knew anyone. It was then I discovered the predicament of these parched paratroopers. They had completely run out of water and the water point was miles away. I loaded my jeep with their canteens and headed off to the water point. When I returned, I became an instant hero. The appreciation for a little H2o was overwhelming. There was great reward in that simple act of giving water to the thirsty. Now consider this, if there is reward for giving physical water, imagine the reward for the act of giving spiritual water. There are people around us living in spiritual deserts and they need us to bring them living waters. Pass that canteen. SP211