Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ranger Buddy

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

In Ranger school, the word ‘quit’ never came out of my mouth but it sure went through my mind several times. When things got down right unbearable (and sometimes ridiculous), I could always count on my ranger buddy to make some kind of morbid sense of the torment we were going through. And I think I did the same for him on more than a few occasions. This is the powerful influence of having a buddy. We need that same source of encouragement in the Christian life. Because, to be honest, sometimes living for Jesus gets ‘stinken’ tough. We need a good Christian brother or sister to help us keep driving on when we just feel like quitting. Who’s your ranger buddy? SP225