Monday, March 17, 2008

Exodus

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:1-2

As a chaplain in an AIT battalion it gets a lot easier to counsel soldiers the closer we get to Christmas. As I listen to their troubles and discouragement, I knew one word that would help them find hope almost immediately; Exodus. As soon as I reminded them they will be going on Christmas leave in just a few weeks, it melt away their problems like the ice on my windshield in the morning. I’d see them begin to relax and the light returns to their eye because now they had hope. I didn’t leave them there though. I also explained the hope we have in heaven, that ultimately we will leave this troubled world behind and enjoy permanent residence with the King of kings through Christ. Now that’s an Exodus we can look forward too. SP221