Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where Credit is Due

Jesus said, “apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

If I told you I just finished dropping a transmission and changed a clutch on a dump truck, you might be impressed. That is, until you found out all I really did was hand tools to my dad while he did most of the work. You see, he knew what he was doing and I was clueless. He chose the proper tools and I just handed them to him. He did most of the heavy lifting and I just got my hands little greasy. Really, he was the mechanic who changed the clutch and I was, well, allowed to help in the process. Oh, I could have tried to impress you, but the credit really belongs to my dad. Now that’s interesting as I reflect on my life and my relationship with God. I tend to take an awful lot of recognition when the fact is, God does most of the work. He’s the one who knows what to do. He’s the one doing the heavy lifting. I simply get to participate in His plan. The credit for the work really belongs to our Dad. Give Him all glory and honor! SP219