Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Freedom of Movement

I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. PS 119:45

When I led recons, I always made sure I knew my maps and overlays down to the smallest details. I almost had them memorized. I knew the terrain, friendly positions, enemy locations and more. Because I had done my homework, we were able to freely move about in our sector. It allowed me to travel in enemy territory without much restriction and in our own AO (Area of Operation) without the worry of friendly fire. That same freedom comes when we know the Bible. We read about the great promises of God and He brings us into new territory without fear. The Bible points out areas to avoid, Satanic and worldly ambushes or restrictive behavior that can slow us down spiritually. The more we know the Scriptures the more we are liberated in this walk of faith. Walk in the freedom of God’s Word. (John 8.31-32) SP210