Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Big Inspection

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.” Matthew 24:42

One of my men had been “working” on the jeep for months and it was time for the change of command inspection. Although I’d never seen the vehicle myself, I was confident that the inspection would go well. As we approached the line of jeeps, one stood out from all the rest. It was so badly rusted, you couldn’t read the bumper number. It had bird droppings all over it and four flat tires. It was obvious, from the many missing parts; it had become the hanger queen. Surprise, surprise, the jeep belonged to me. My jeep was not even operational let alone ready for inspection. I had failed to supervise and keep a close eye on my equipment. If the Lord came today to inspect our lives, what would He see? Would He find us busy maintaining our lives in accordance with His desires or would He find something that looked like SGT Wood’s jeep? Keep watch, the inspector’s coming.