Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Underestimated Power

Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. Matthew 22:29

I was standing in front of the First Sergeant’s desk at a rigid position of parade rest. He was having a very loud one-way discussion with me about the exploits of the night before. I was the demolition man in charge of blowing up all the OPFOR’s equipment. I did exactly that and more. During the ambush, I threw a grenade simulator in the back of a military pick-up truck. The explosion split the top of the camper shell wide open like a sardine can. I had sorely underestimated the power of the training explosive. You know, at times we can do the same with the power of God. God is the Almighty. His power exceeds our wildest expectations. When we recognize His power, we can press forward in obedience and faith no matter what the circumstances. SP204