Saturday, February 02, 2008

Rejected

But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:
'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED,
THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER STONE'?

Luke 20:17

I was moving from squad to squad on the rifle range visiting the soldiers that would soon be attached to us for our deployment to Kuwait. As I approached, I noticed a crusty old Platoon Sergeant sneaking away as I walked up to each group. It was obvious by the scowl on his face that he was not happy to see the chaplain. I immediately started praying, “Lord, give me a great friendship with this man.” During the deployment we managed to have several good conversations about Jesus Christ. Now, when he would see me, it wasn’t the cold shoulder, it was a warm greeting. Finally, we were back home in the States and I saw him across the parking lot. He yelled, “Hey Chaplain, look what I got!” holding up his brand new baby in the air. I thought to myself, “Mission Accomplished.” Men rejected Christ and yet He still died for them, shouldn’t we do the same?