Friday, February 08, 2008

The Right Man for the Job

Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen” Acts 1:24

A CH-47 helicopter had crashed on a small island near the coast of North and South Korea. SSG Craig was chosen to take his Pathfinder Team to secure the aircraft. There was only one problem, I was the Platoon Sergeant and no one said anything to me. Never mind protocol, I was just mad because I wasn’t picked. Then I found out that instead of issuing the ammo to SSG Craig’s team, they locked it in a footlocker. I was boiling! In fact, I kind of had the reputation of being hot headed. On the other hand, SSG Craig was cool, calm, and collective in stressful situations. You think these different character traits made a difference in who they selected for the mission? I’ve sense learned to manage my temper a little better. God is looking for men and women with the right heart. Character makes all the difference.