Monday, May 05, 2008

Bayonet or Scalpel

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12


I was bounding from tree to tree to avoid being tagged by the OPFOR. After one 3-second rush, I felt a very sharp pain in my kneecap. I looked down and saw a 6-inch piece of metal stuck in my leg. When I reach the Aid Station, the PA had to perform minor surgery to remove the object. Although the whole thing was painful I’m glad it was the doctor’s scalpel and not my buddies’ bayonet doing the cutting. The Word of God is both like sword and scalpel. It can quickly lop off those huge ugly sins that are protruding from our character. But it is also sharp and precise, cutting only what needs to be opened and removing only that which is harmful. It can be used for the purpose of both healing and destroying. Keep reading the Word of God and allow it to perform its major and minor surgeries in your life. SP254

Tagged – Being shot with a laser in training
OPFOR – Opposing Forces
PA – Physician Assistant