Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Hear My Name Being Called

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. Revelation 3:5


Wood, Charles D. I’ve heard my name so many times as I have walked across stages and parade fields; for graduations, promotions or awards. There’s something about hearing your own name. You stand with a unit or group but you are called out as an individual. It makes you feel good to be acknowledged by name and we’ve all had that feeling. One day there will be another kind of ceremony, a ceremony with eternal consequence. Jesus Christ will callout the names of all those who have placed their faith in Him. All those who have received Him as their personal Lord and Savior. He will read their names from the “Lamb’s Book of Life” and present them before the Father and His angels. Is your name in the book for the final ceremony? SP267