Monday, May 19, 2008

Hangin’ in There

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5


I got a PhD in PT in ROK ranger school. The training events consisted of 45 minutes of calisthenics followed by negotiating an obstacle on the confidence course on the side of a steep mountain all day long. It was eight straight hours of PT everyday for eight straight days. I could have been as smart as a box of rocks and still made it through the school. I really thought I hadn’t learned a thing. But actually it taught me a lot about endurance and perseverance. I learned how to keep driving on in the pain, suffering, and monotony. And I guess it’s helped me a great deal in my Christian life as well. Living a life of faith is not always fun and exciting. Some days you get into the daily grind of things and wonder “what am I doing, what’s the use?” But we know if we hang in there, we will see the goodness of Christ once again. We will experience that new day with all it’s blessings. Don’t give up, keep plugging, keep driving on! SP265

PT - Physical Training
ROK - Republic of Korea
PhD – Don’t start calling me Doc, I’m only joking J