Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Being Fully Equipped

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

There is no doubt as the Second Gulf War was prosecuted, the United States Military is thoroughly equipped. Everything from aircraft, to ships, to tanks, even to the individual soldier on the ground, the equipment, training, and people are the finest in the world. And in a time of war, we wouldn’t have it any other way. But with all our military might, how do we match up in spiritual power? Am I fully equipped to do good works and win the spiritual battles in my own life? There is a way to ensure I’m at 100% Operational Readiness and that’s to spend time in God’s Word. I need to hear it, read it, study it, memorize it, and meditate on it. Then I will be fully equipped for every good work and the spiritual battles the lie before me. SP256